top of page

Itinerant Therapist I/II


Kotzebue, Alaska




Counseling & Recovery Center

About the Role

Itinerant Therapist I: A Master’s degree in Social Work, Professional Counseling, Psychology, or Family and Marital Therapy (or the like). Master’s degrees must be an eligible Master’s for an Alaska State licensure at the time of hire. If the candidate does not have a license eligible Master’s degree but has obtained a Doctoral degree that is eligible for an Alaska State Licensure, the Doctoral degree will be accepted as equivalent. Must be able to obtain an LCSW, LPC, LMFT, or LAP within 2 years. Broad clinical experience. Ability to work with sensitivity in a cross-cultural environment. Ability to adjust to “bush” conditions in Arctic Alaska. Must be willing and able to travel frequently in small planes. **Please inquire if supervision is currently available** Itinerant Therapist II: Has met all minimum qualifications for Itinerant Therapist I. In addition has obtained at least a Master’s Level professional mental health license in Alaska. Examples of qualifying Master’s level licenses include Licensed Professional Counselor (under AS 08.63) and Marital and Family Therapy (under 08.29). Other qualifying Master’s level licensures are (1) Licensure as a Psychological Associate or (2) Licensure as a Master of Social Work. Candidates with qualifying Master’s level licensures will still be required to obtain their terminal Licensure (LAP, or LCSW) within two years. *Please inquire if supervision is currently available** All Itinerant Therapist are required to obtain a minimum of a CDC I (or national equivalent) in Alaska within 2 years of hire. Upon proof of certification therapist will receive compensation increase of 2 steps (if completed within the 2 year deadline)

Minimum Requirements

bottom of page